PRIVACY NOTICE – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPIA”)
We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for wat it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to update or correct it.
|Our Information Officer’s Contact Details|
|Contact Number||+27 (041) 373 0445|
|Address||Frontline Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd |
PO Box 12084
THE SOURCE OF COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Prospective clients who enquire about our financial services
- Clients who have appointed the representative as their broker
- Policyholders who enter into a policy with an insurer via the Organisation
These forms are completed either electronically or in hard copy. You may also be requested to provide your personal information during your consultation with a representative. We may also collect information about you from other sources such as external third parties and from cookies on our website. Legislation that authorizes us to collect your personal information: As an authorised financial services provider, we are obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the relevant financial services to you:
- Financial Advisory and Intermediaries Services Act 37 of 2002;
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001;
- Insurance Act 18 of 2017;
- Short-Term Insurance Act 53 of 1998;
PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
- Assessment and processing of claims
- Credit searches and/or verification of personal information
- Claims checks & Claims History
- Tracing beneficiaries
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Market research and statistical analysis
- Audit & record keeping purposes
- Compliance with legal & regulatory requirements
- Verifying your identity
- Complying with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between yourself and the FSP
- Providing you with products and services that suit your needs as requested
- To issue, administer and manage your insurance policies
- To process insurance claims and to take recovery action
- To notify you of new products or developments that may be of interest to you
- To confirm, verify and update your details
- Sharing information with service providers whom we appoint to process such information on our behalf or who render services to us. These service providers may be abroad, but we will not share your information with them unless we are satisfied that they have adequate security measures in place to protect your personal information.
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your title, birth date, gender, occupation, residency status, assets, liabilities, insurance, income, expenditure and your banking details.
Some of the aforementioned personal information may be mandatory to provide within the context of product providers’ underwriting requirements and disclosures.
Failing to provide compulsory information may lead to our organisation’s inability to carry out the functions necessary to perform as an authorised financial services provider.
THIRD PARTIES AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
These third parties may include:
- Service providers rendering services to our Underwriting Department such as Surveyors, Risk Managers, Valuators and Reinsurers;
- Service Providers rendering services to our Claims Departments such as Assessors, Loss Adjusters & Investigators;
- Service Providers rendering services to our Finance Department such as Collection Agencies;
- Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites;
- Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc;
- Auditors of the Organisation;
- Regulatory or governmental authorities such as the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and the Prudential Authority;
- Keep all information you tell us about yourself confidential;
- Not to alter any documents you provide us with when submitting it to any Insurer. Where we feel an error has been made we will advise you prior to submission thereof;
- Never ask you to sign blank documents – wherever possible all documents, be they proposals or claim forms should be completed by you to ensure full details are provided;
- Never to take away any rights you have in terms of any legislation that governs the way we transact business;
- Supply a copy of any documents used in the preparation of your insurances, when required, free of charge.
- Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you, and to explain why and how it is being processed
- Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator
To submit a request regarding personal information, please complete Annexure A
To submit a complaint regarding your personal information, please complete Annexure B
Once completed, please send your request or complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
THE INFORMATION REGULATOR:
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
|The Information Regulator|
|Name||Adv Pansy Tlakula|
|Physical Address||JD House|
27 Stiemens Street