PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TO BROKERS AND CLIENTS
We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in the correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to update or correct it.
|Our Information Officer’s Contact Details|
|Contact Number||+27 (041) 373 0445|
Purpose for Processing your Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the services and products that we provide. We may use your information or obtain information about you for the following purposes:
- Assessment and processing of claims
- Credit searches and/or verification of personal information
- Claims checks (ASISA Life & Claims Register)
- Tracing beneficiaries
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Market research and statistical analysis
- Audit & record keeping purposes
- Compliance with legal & regulatory requirements
- Verifying your identity
- Sharing information with service providers we engage to process such information on our behalf or who render services to us. These service providers may be abroad, but we will not share your information with them unless we are satisfied that they have adequate security measures in place to protect your personal information.
You may access your personal information that we hold and may also request us to correct any errors or to delete this information. In certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You also have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html Tel: 012 406 4818 Fax: 086 500 3351 Email: email@example.com For access to our full POPI company policy, please view our POPI Policy.